Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hippy Beach Party!

One of the places I visited while in Florida is the "Best Beach in the US" according to the orbitz Dr. Beach 2011 blog.

I so believe him.  If this beach were absolutely deserted, I would probably build a palm hut and never leave (except to get fresh water of course).  Pure fine white sand, absolutely NO litter, absolutely gorgeous water and fairly polite people.  They even allowed alcohol.  The only drawback- I went during "spring break", and if you didn't get there super early, you had to cruise the parking lot for quite a while to find parking.  I was told that this isn't usually a problem - and I'm sure it helped limit beach population so that it was still enjoyable.

I also happened to be there late on a Friday afternoon - and they have a Drum Circle starting late afternoon going until sunset.  They had somewhere around 10 drummers in a quarter circle, and an electric guitarist facing them playing beach music that made a fun if weird harmony with the middle eastern drum beats.  Lots of people dancing, ranging from the fantastic (I was told she's a local doctor) to enthusiastic, kids and adults with hula hoops, and a great crowd.














And as an added plus - truly wonderful beach sunset going on while this was happening.  I brought a chair, but never sat in it, because the photography was so great!  I'll post the sunset pictures on a separate blog.

Play a little drum music and enjoy the pictures!

Here's the link for Dr. Beach- 
 http://www.orbitz.com/blog/2011/05/america%E2%80%99s-top-10-beaches-for-2011/

No comments:

Post a Comment